Volunteers are an essential part of Wizard Education. From those that help us with staff guidance and training or help keep our enterprises working to those that help us in the classroom or workshops we really appreciate the time so generously given by all our volunteers.
NON REGULAR VOLUNTEERING & GROUPS
Some volunteers help via 'work parties' seconded to us through their employers, these wonderful people have already made an amazing difference to what we can achieve. Work parties have helped us with our renovation work and have pledged to help ongoing with our community projects such as our Silver Surfers groups. Most of our non-regular volunteers tend to help in our community projects, small enterprises and general community activities through Wizard rather than with our 14-16yr olds group at Wizard Education. We do however have a few generous people who give up a few hours to just come and do an occasional demonstration or talk to the group about a specialist interest, skill, employment, activity or hobby etc
If you would like to either help with a work party or as a non regular volunteer, please contact us
Our regular volunteers set aside either a day a week or month to drop by and spend a few hours with us. Those that prefer not to work directly with our 14-16yr olds can help out with our community activities (see also our Wizard website)
The main areas we need regular volunteers prepared to work with our 14-16 yr old group are:
- General engineering or mechanical workshop support
- Help with motorbike or car restoration projects
- Help with arts or crafts projects
- Classroom support with English or Maths
- IT support
- Support for our Enterprise projects (ie helping to keep our small businesses going!)
We normally work between 9.30am and 2.30pm with our 14-16yr olds but we do also run additional classes for the 16+ and 18+ groups. We also need volunteers that would be able to help with our community work (see also our Wizard website)
If you would like to help us, either on a regular or occasional basis, please do get in touch! All you will need is a willingness to help, lots of patience and a sense of humour :) In return we can offer training, work experience, references and heaps of 'job satisfaction'!
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our wonderful team of regular volunteers;
- Please complete our volunteers application form or contact us for more information and an informal chat.
- We will then agree a mutually convenient time to meet for an interview.
- If all goes well you will be invited to come in again and briefly meet some of the students informally during lesson times.
- If you are still keen and you decide you would like to join us, as we have a responsibility to safeguard the children in our care we will have to perform a few checks and will need you to provide the following:
- evidence of a current CRB (criminal records bureau) check (we can arrange this for you if you do not already have one that is less than 3months old).
- proof of your identity (eg passport or driving licence)
- proof of your current address (eg utility bill that is less than 3mths old)
- proof that you have a right to work in the UK (eg document bearing your NI no such as P45, P60, tax return)
- two references
IMPORTANT: please note that all REGULAR volunteers will need to provide evidence of a current CRB check and complete our application procedure (see above) BEFORE they can join us.